Sometimes the simplest images are the most beautiful. If you’ve taken some incredible photos then you may find these black and white captions for Instagram useful. Please feel free to browse the list and choose your favorite.
Removing the distraction of color can really bring focus to the features of an image. It’s a popular technique used by photographers around the world! These black and white Instagram captions will give you everything you need to perfectly describe the moments you’ve captured.
There is a wide selection to choose from. There’s even an entire section dedicated to the best black and white quotes for Instagram photos.
Black and White Captions for Instagram Photos
- Black is my happy color.
- Take a moment to remember your friends who bring color to my world.
- On Wednesdays, we wear black.
- Black and white is a timeless classic.
- It’s black and white and a hundred grays in between.
- We’re all just trying to find color in this black and white world.
- Less is more.
- Black is the new black.
- I like my pictures the way I like my coffee: black.
You Might Also Like: Scenery Captions for Instagram
- Monochrome moment.
- Black is the most aristocratic of all colors.
- Back to the basics.
- We’re just trying to find some color in this black and white world.
- She’s classic, just like black and white.
- Being yourself is the prettiest thing you can be.
- I’ll stop wearing black when they come up with a darker color.
- Silver Hour.
- Seeing in color satisfies the eye, but seeing in black and white delights the soul.
- One can steal ideas, but no one can steal execution or passion.
- She sees in black and white, thinks in grays, and loves in color.
- No person is completely bad, just as no one is completely good. We are all gray.
- Live life on your terms.
- Focussing on the important.
- Black is the queen of all colors.
- “I think it’s because it was an emotional story, and emotions come through much stronger in black and white.” – Kim Hunter
- Cruella Deville.
- You don’t take a photograph, you make it.
- Color is everything; black and white are more.
- I wish things were quite so simple and black and white.
You Might Also Like: Mirror Selfie Captions for Instagram
- Life is better in black and white.
- I’m decisive, just like black and white.
- “I’ll go back to black.” – Amy Whinehouse, Back to Black
- Black and white photos contained more colors to me.
- “When you photograph people in color, you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in Black and white, you photograph their souls!” – Ted Grant
- Black and white pictures aren’t sad. They are poetic.
- Life is a joy to photograph, but it’s more realistic in black and white.
- Yin and Yang.
- Turned my world to black and white.
- Back to black.
- “Black-and-white always looks modern, whatever that word means.” – Karl Lagerfeld
- Black and white allow us to see the world in a strange dreamscape that color cannot hope to replicate.
- Black will always be elegant, and white will always be magical.
- In the beginning, it was all black and white.
- “Nothing conveys mood and emotion quite like a good black and white image. But simply removing color from an image is unlikely to achieve this.” – Robin Whalley
- The eye must learn to listen before it looks.
- The despair of black and the hope of white.
- White soul, black heart.
- You brought me color when the world was black and white.
You Might Also Like: Rainy Day Captions for Instagram
- I am a very black and white person living in a colorful world.
- A simple black and white picture creates a collection of untold stories.
- “Being glamorous is about strength and confidence. It’s black and white – dramatic. You have to be strong.” – Catherine Zeta-Jones
- Dressed in Black.
- Most people are black and white to me. You’re the only one with bright colors.
- Live life in licorice.
- It was all black and white in the beginning.
- Darkness and Light, hand in hand.
- Sometimes the end justifies the means.
- Nothing is as perfect as black and white.
- “I’ve been forty years discovering that the queen of all colors is black.” – Henri Matisse
- Shoot what it feels like, not what it looks like.
- Be anything but predictable.
- “It’s about you. If you win, it’s you; if you lose, it’s you. Black and white. Nowhere to hide.” – Greg Rusedski
- I am Angel and Devil.
- The colorful scenes don’t click with me as much as black and white imagery.
- Black magic.
- “Black and white are the colors of photography. To me, they symbolize the alternatives of hope and despair to which mankind is forever subjected.” – Robert Frank
- There’s no time to be bored in a beautiful world like this.
You Might Also Like: Breakup Captions for Instagram
- Life is like a blank canvas. What will you create?
- “Landscapes are where photography began, and in the beginning, black and white was all there was.” – Rob Sheppard
- Black clothing is a personality trait.
- “Good can exist in bad, and bad can exist in good. It’s not black and white.” – Sarah Jeffery
- This is what I like about photographs. It’s proof that once, just for a heartbeat, everything was perfect.
- There’s so much hidden beauty in a monochrome dreamscape.
- “[Black and white] symbolize the alternatives of hope and despair to which mankind is forever subjected.” – Robert Frank
Black and White Quotes for Instagram
- “I don’t find anything black and white; I find gray in every person, and that is what excites me.” – Vetrimaaran
- “Black and white is abstract; color is not. Looking at a black and white photograph, you are already looking at a strange world.” – Joel Sternfeld
- “The black and white photographer is a musician, transposing notes on the fly, visualizing a final print from the world of color.” – Ted Dillard
- “Which is probably the reason why I work exclusively in black and white… to highlight that contrast.” – Leonard Nimoy
- “Life isn’t black and white. It’s a million gray areas, don’t you find?” – Ridley Scott
- “Color is everything, black and white is more.” – Dominic Rouse
- “Human nature is not black and white but black and gray.” – Graham Greene
- “Black and white photography erases time from the equation.” – Jason Peterson
- “Although humans see reality in color, for me, black and white has always been connected to the image’s deeper truth, to its most hidden meaning.” – Peter Lindbergh
- “You found me dressed in black. Hiding way up at the back. Life had broken my heart into pieces. You took my hand in yours.” – Sia, Dressed in Black
You Might Also Like: Baddie Captions for Instagram
- “There’s something strange and powerful about black-and-white imagery.” – Stefan Kanfer
- “Photography is all about light, composition, and most importantly, emotion.” – Larry Wilder
- “Things are not always quite so simple as black and white.” – Doris Lessing
- “It’s an obvious opportunity for black and white when a scene contains little color but lots of texture.” – John Beardsworth
- “I see a red door. And I want it painted black. No colors anymore. I want them to turn black.” – The Rolling Stones, Paint It Black
- “A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.” – Ansel Adams
- “A good color picture is usually a good black and white too.” – John Beardsworth
- “There’s so much gray to every story – nothing is so black and white.” – Lisa Ling
- “I want to be known for what I am, black and white, because I’m proud of both.” – Logic
- “It’s really rare in life that a situation is as black and white as we tend to paint it.” – Aesop Rock
Iain founded The Road Trip Expert in 2019 and continues to manage the website to this day. The inspiration to start the blog came during an extensive road trip around Europe with two friends that spanned several months and involved over 25,000km of driving. He started backpacking in 2014 and has had the pleasure of exploring over 60 countries. Read more on the About page.