During a long journey, keeping the kids entertained is one of the toughest challenges. That’s where these funny road trip questions for family car rides come in!
It’s one of the best ways to get them off their phones/tablets/video games AND a surefire way to stop the dreaded… “Are we there yet?!”
This article is packed with family road trip questions for kids that you can use as entertainment for the troops.
In fact, there are a whopping 110 fun family questions!
We’ve used categories to make them easier to browse. See if you can get to the end of the list and keep the whole family answering and laughing.
There are random family questions on animals, vacations, feelings, and more!
Affiliate Disclosure: Thank you for supporting The Road Trip Expert. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Please see our advertising disclosure for more details.
Funny Family Road Trip Questions
Let’s get started with these funny road trip questions for family car rides!
- What combination of 3 animals would have the ultimate attributes for survival in an African national park?
- Would you rather be Batman or Superman?
- If you had to be an animal, which would you be?
- If you had to pick one thing to eat for breakfast every day for the rest of your life what would it be?
- Would you rather see the dinosaurs or be able to breath underwater?
- If you had to become a superhero what would your superpower be? What would be your superhero name?
- Can you name an animal for each letter of the alphabet?
- Would you rather eat pizza flavored ice cream or ice cream flavored pizza?
- If you could go back in time, what time period would you like to visit?
- How do you think the egyptians built the pyramids?
- What would win in battle, optimus prime (transformer) or iron man?
- What would win in a fight, a grizzy bear or two lions?
- Can you make a sound like an animal and we will guess what it is?
- If you had your own restaurant, what type of food would you serve?
- What’s the worst food you’ve ever tasted?
- What would be the first thing you would do if you became the President tomorrow?
- Would you rather be a famous singer or a firefighter?
- Would you rather be as fast as a cheetah or as strong as a gorilla?
- Would you rather crawl for the rest of your life or be forced to walk backwards everywhere?
- Would you rather have the ability to fly or an invisibility cloak?
- If you could make Mom and Dad dress up in any costume for the day, what would you choose?
- If you could make 3 wishes on your next birthday, what would they be?
- What do you want to be when you’re older?
- What’s the funniest dream you’ve had recently?
- Would you rather live in Antarctica or on the Moon?
You might love this Family Talking Points Conversation Game for next time:
- CONVERSATIONS WITH PURPOSE – Are you tired of the…
- BUILD TRUST AND CONFIDENCE – Use these engaging…
- FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY – Each card deck contains 4…
There are plenty more family road trip questions to keep you busy, but feel free to improvise and alter the questions to make them more personal.
Would You Rather Questions For A Family Road Trip
Next, we have a long old set of ‘would you rather’ questions.
The ultimate dilemma.
Will your family be able to choose?
- Would you rather go skiing or go snowboarding?
- Would you rather play hide and seek or tag?
- Would you rather be a wizard and do magic or a superhero and have super powers?
- Would you rather be a an amazing dancer or be an amazing singer?
- Would you rather do your homework with your friends or by yourself?
- Would you rather see a play at the theatre or go to a concert?
- Would you rather be a super fast swimmer or a super fast runner?
- Would you rather be able to run as fast as a cheetah or hold your breath as long as a whale?
- Would you rather everything in your house was one color that your parents chose or every single wall and door be a different color?
- Would you rather be able to control fire or water?
- Would you rather meet your favorite famous person or be an actor on a TV show?
- Would you rather dance in front of 10,000 people or sing in front of 10,000 people? Or both?
- Would you rather eat an onion or a whole lemon?
- Would you rather never get any more homework ever again or be paid $20 every time you do your homework?
- Would you rather eat cabbage flavored ice cream or cabbage flavored cookies?
- Would you rather be a sports star in the Summer Olympics or the Winter Olympics? Which event would you choose?
- Would you rather drive a police car or a fire truck?
- Would you rather fly an airplane or a helicopter?
- Would you rather be able to play the drums or the guitar?
- Would you rather be able to remember every word from every book you ever read or remember every conversation you ever had?
- Would you rather have a jetpack or a jet plane?
- Would you rather be a cyborg or a robot? Why?
- Would you rather get up super early in the morning or stay up really late at night?
- Would you rather have pancakes every day for breakfast or pizza every day for dinner?
- Would you rather have the power to shrink things or the power to make things grow? What would you use the powers for?
- Would you rather have a puppy or a kitten?
- Would you rather have a slide that goes out of your bedroom window to the garden or be able to change what color the lights are at home?
- Would you rather go to the beach or go to the zoo?
- Would you rather be an eagle or a dolphin?
- Would you rather watch a two-hour movie or play video games for 2 hours?
- Would you rather have an amazing tree house in the garden or a huge trampoline?
- Would you rather sail around the world or climb the highest mountain (Everest)?
- Would you rather have a pet dog or a pet car?
- Would you rather be able to fly an aeroplane or sail a large boat?
- Would you rather run around in the garden or play a computer game?
Now let’s see if you enjoy the next set of road trip questions for family vacations!
Fun Family Questions
Time for some fun!
This collection of fun family questions is wonderfully random. It features everything from funny noises to robot servants.
- If you had $10,000, what would you buy?
- If you could change your name to anything, what would name would you choose?
- What is the funniest sound you can make?
- What is the funniest face you can pull?
- If you were given three wishes, what would you wish for? You can’t wish for more wishes!
- If you had a robot servant, what would you make it do?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- If you could speak another language, what would it be?
- If you could choose one thing to get for free, what would it be?
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Family Road Trip Questions About Animals
Kids (and big kids) love to talk about animals. I mean, who doesn’t love animals? These family road trip questions will get the conversation going about your favorite creatures.
Following them up with a “why?” is always good to keep the conversation juices flowing.
- If you could be any animal in the world, what would you be? Why?
- If you were allowed to have any animal as a pet, which would you choose?
- If you could be any animal that lived in the ocean, what would you be?
- If the parents in our family were animals, what would they be? Why?
- What’s the scariest animal you’ve ever seen?
- What’s the cutest animal you’ve ever seen?
- Whats your favorite animal to visit at the zoo?
- How many animals can you think of that you might see on an African safari?
Family Road Trip Questions About Vacations
Ah, vacations. The fondest of memories, right? Why not discuss previous vacations and dreamy faraway destinations whilst on your current one?
This group of family road trip questions will get that conversation started.
- Which country would you most like to visit someday?
- What is the best vacation you’ve ever been on?
- Would you rather live near to the beach or near to the mountains?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is your favorite activity to do while on vacaction?
- Which family holiday was your least favorite?
- Where is the furthest place from home you’ve visited on vacaction?
- What do you enjoy the most about family vacations?
Pick Your Favorite Questions
Time to discuss your favorites.
This set of family road trip questions ask you to name your favorite of something.
There are some tough ones!
Delve deeper and follow up with a “why?” again. It’s super interesting to find out why people like certain things.
- What is your favorite food?
- Who is your favorite singer or band? What is your favorite song by them?
- Who is your favorite superhero and why?
- What is your favorite game and why?
- What is your favorite movie and why?
- What is your favorite computer game?
- What is your favorite place to visit at the weekend?
- What is your favorite tv show?
Family Road Trip Questions About Friends and Family
This next set of family road trip questions are all about… that’s right, your family! And your friends, too. They explore relationships and are sure to get the family thinking about everyone they know.
- Who is the nicest person you know? Why do you think they’re so nice?
- Who is your funniest friend? Why are they so funny?
- Who is your best friend? Why are they your best friend?
- If you could set one rule that our family must follow, what would it be?
- What things don’t boys understand about girls?
- What things don’t girls understand about boys?
- If you were the parent in our family, what would you say to mum and dad?
- If you could be friends with anyone from a movie, who would it be and why?
Family Road Trip Questions About Feelings
Discussing feelings can be tough for kids. The following road trip questions for families are designed to get the whole family thinking about how they feel about various situations.
- Use three words to describe yourself.
- When is the happiest you’ve ever been?
- Name something new that you learned this week? Either in school outside of school.
- If you could change something you did in the past, what would it be?
- What is the most important thing to you in the world?
- If you could change one thing in the world what would it be?
- What is the one thing you could never live without?
- What skill or hobby would you love to get better at?
Now It’s Your Turn
You made it to the end! Congrats!
Hopefully, this article kick-started the conversation during your road trip.
And now it’s your turn…
Which questions were your favorite?
Do you have any other family road trip questions that you think would go down well?
Either way, leave a comment below and let us know!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this article may be affiliate links. This means I earn a commission if you make a qualifying purchase, but this is at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Road Trip Expert.