Here’s a list of the best Melbourne captions for Instagram. If you’ve taken some incredible photos, use these Melbourne quotes to perfectly describe the moment.
This stunning city is visited and loved by millions each year, so hopefully, you’ve had an enjoyable trip! Known for its cultural heritage, international sporting events, and awesome location right at the coastline, there is so much to do in this city. If you’re exploring on foot, be sure to capture the moment with some incredible pictures!
Finding the right words to express the magic of this city isn’t easy but with this carefully curated list, you will find the perfect text to share with your followers. For the witty among you, we’ve included plenty of Melbourne puns to ensure you howling with laughter!
Melbourne Captions for Instagram
- Meet me in Melbourne.
- I fell in love. His name is Melbourne.
- See you later, mate.
- I should probably move here, right?
- G’Day Melbourne.
- Life in Melbourne is bonzers!
- I’d rather be in Melbourne.
- Oi, mate, I’m Australian now.
- Left my heart in Melbourne, better go back and get it.
- I’m in a good place right now. Not emotionally, I’m just in Melbourne.
You Might Also Like: Travel Captions for Instagram
- You had me at ‘G’day Mate!’
- Stoked to be in Melbourne.
- Dear Melbourne, I think about you all the time.
- People never forget two things: their first love and their first day in Melbourne.
- If you can’t go to heaven, Melbourne is the next best thing.
- Walking through the concrete jungle and Australia’s garden.
- Melbourne madness.
- I think Melbourne looks pretty good on me.
- Melbourne dreamin’.
- Maybe it’s Melbourne.
Next: Australia Captions for Instagram
- Made in Melbourne.
- Life is better down under.
- Daydreaming in Melbourne.
- Melbourne crocs my world.
- The world is your oyster and Melbourne is my garden.
- Melbourne is my happy place.
- Keep calm and go to Melbourne.
- Lost in the Hoddle Grid.
- They say ‘do what makes you happy’ so I came to Melbourne.
- Living the Melbourne life.
You Might Also Like: Road Trip Captions for Instagram
- Sweet as!
- Greetings from Melbourne.
- Happiness is not a state of mind, but a trip to Melbourne.
- Like heaven on earth.
- Add Melbourne to your bucket list. I promise you won’t regret it.
- Any day is a good day in Melbourne.
- Melbourne days and sunny rays.
- In a Melbourne state of mind.
- If you need me, you can call me on my shellphone.
- Summer nights & Melbourne skies.
Next: Perth Captions for Instagram
- Big city and blue waves.
- Sky above, sand below, peace within.
- Melbourne is my therapy.
- Thanks heaps for the sun, Melbourne.
- Baby, I was Melbourne this way.
- Life in Melbourne is Bonzer!
- Did someone say kangaroo?
- Love, laughter, and Melbourne.
- I’ll be sea-ing you real soon Melbourne.
- People think kangaroos are nice, but they’re roo-theless.
You Might Also Like: Beach Captions for Instagram
- I left my heart down under.
- Might just stay in Melbourne indefinitely.
- If lost, return to Melbourne.
- Today’s good mood is sponsored by Melbourne.
- Melbourne, you’re too pretty!
- If the question involves Melbourne, the answer is yes.
- There’s no place like Melbourne.
- Not leaving anything behind in Melbourne but my heart.
- There’s Melbourne…. And then there’s everywhere else.
- Making memories in Melbourne.
- Get wavy.
Next: Adventure Captions for Instagram
Melbourne Quotes for Instagram
- “Melbourne is my type of city, much more so than Sydney.” – Morris Gleitzman
- “So far, my trip in Australia has been absolutely lovely – wonderful country, wonderful people…and then there’s Melbourne.” – Lauren Southern
- “Melbourne is wonderfully altered since I last saw it. There are some very fair buildings in it now, and things are a little cheaper than they used to be.” – William John Wills
- “Australians have a free spirit and an ability to think outside the box, and that is why I like Australia so much.” – Brian Schmidt
- “Melbourne, where I grew up, is one of the street art capitals of the world. Something about discovering freshly painted walls always fills me with optimism; it’s autonomous and democratic, and reminds me that maybe people are paying attention after all.” – Penelope Mitchell
- “I’m Australian, so I love the stores near Crowne Plaza Melbourne, on the banks of the Yarra River.” – Jason Day
- “People who say, ‘there’s nothing to fear from spiders’ have clearly never been to Australia.” – Cate Blanchet
- “I think Melbourne is by far and away the most interesting place in Australia, and I thought if I ever wrote a novel of any kind, I had to set it here.” – Peter Temple
- “Leaving Australia was the hardest thing I have ever done.” – Barry Gibb
- “Melbourne is very sophisticated and edgy – we wear a lot of black. Things are lightening up a little bit, but truly, everything looks good in black.” – Jessica Hart
You Might Also Like: Scenery Captions for Instagram
- “Melbourne is the kind of town that really makes you consider the question ‘Is there life after death?’” – Bette Midler
- “I have visited Australia several times, and I always try to make a point of going to Melbourne because it’s almost my favorite city there, Melbourne and Sydney.” – Jackie Collins
- “Stop worrying about the world ending today. It’s already tomorrow in Australia.” – Charles M. Schulz
- “It is nothing short of baffling to me how a city like Melbourne, where I struggle to find accessible facilities on a very regular basis, could be considered the most livable city in the world. I suppose it all depends on what makes a city ‘livable’ for you.” – Stella Young
- “Alone of all the races on earth, they seem to be free from the ‘grass is greener on the other side of the fence’ syndrome, and roundly proclaim that Australia is, in fact, the other side of that fence.” – Douglas Adams
- “Australia is about as far away as you can get. I like that.” – Andre Benjamin
- “On Melbourne summer mornings the green trams go rolling in stately progress down tunnels thick with leaves: the bright air carries along the avenue their patient chime, the chattering of their wheels.” – Helen Garner
- “Being lost in Australia gives you a lovely feeling of security.” – Bruce Chatwin
- “Melbourne has great eateries and you can go birdwatching.” – Bill Bailey
- “I just love the culture of Melbourne.” – Yvonne Strahovski
Next: Nature Captions for Instagram
- “I love Melbourne and South Yarra’s perfect for high tea.” – Adriano Zumbo
- “After going to Australia, it’s hard to go anywhere after that. I want to move there. I’m obsessed with it.” – Nina Dobrev
- “I love coming home to Melbourne. The first thing I do is have a coffee. It’s just so much better here than anywhere else. It’s better than in Italy and I travel a lot. I crave it.” – Curtis Stone
- “Australia, to the rest of the world, is just far away, and Australia in the Thirties was the faraway of the faraway.” – Baz Luhrmann
- “Australia is just so full of surprises.” – Bill Bryson
- “The great thing about coming to Melbourne is that people talk about Sydney being the food capital but Melbourne is a lot more; it has that residential feel, a feeling of homeliness. When you go to restaurants, it’s known as a creative, artistic city. That’s what you get with the food.” – Ainsley Harriott
- “I love a sunburnt country, A land of sweeping plains, Of ragged mountain ranges, Of droughts and flooding rains.” – Bill Bryson, Down Under
- “Australia lives with a strange contradiction – our national image of ourselves is one of the Outback, and yet nearly all us live in big cities. Move outside the coastal fringe, and Australia can feel like a foreign country.” – Kate Grenville
- You can’t buy happiness but you can buy a ticket to Melbourne and that’s kind of the same thing.
- Tomorrow is a good day, I know because I’m in a time zone ahead of you.
You Might Also Like: Surfing Captions for Instagram
Melbourne Puns for Instagram
- I was Melbourne for this!
- Don’t worry. I’m Koalafied.
- Beach you to it!
- With a Capital M.
- The Melbourne Identity.
- Hoddle my beer.
- My Australia puns are koala-ty.
- Feelin’ hoppy when we’re together.
- Yarra-ving a laugh.
- A trip to Melbourne is always emu-sing.
Next: Sun Captions for Instagram
Iain founded The Road Trip Expert in 2019 and continues to manage the website to this day. The inspiration to start the blog came during an extensive road trip around Europe with two friends that spanned several months and involved over 25,000km of driving. Iain writes about a variety of topics including backpacking, planning road trips, and car camping.