There comes a point in any car journey when the conversation can begin to lull, even when you’re on a couple’s road trip with your loved one.
This article is packed to the brim with juicy road trip questions for couples that you can use to make sure the chat never goes stagnant again.
You may dig up some dark secrets or hilarious new stories you never knew about your partner. You may just find you keep chatting for hours. Either way, you’re sure to be entertained by these road trip conversation starters for couples.
The last section even contains road trip quizzes for couples to see how well you really know each other! Let us know in the comments which of these couple’s questions games is your favorite. If you’re in the car for a while, we’ve got plenty of awesome road trip games to help you stay entertained.
Affiliate Disclosure: Thank you for supporting The Road Trip Expert. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Please see our advertising disclosure for more details.
Road Trip Questions For Couples – Keep It Interesting…
Before you get cracking through this ridiculously long list of road trip questions for couples, consider this spicy twist:
Guess your partner’s answer before you ask the question.
Trust me, it gets entertaining.
It might be simple, but asking each other questions is one of my favorite road trip games for couples.
These road trip conversation starters for couples are divided up into different categories to make it easier. You can browse them using the list below.
QUESTION CATEGORIES CONTENTS
- Conversation Starters
- Deep Questions
- Food Questions
- Travel Questions
- Romantic Questions
- Would You Rather Questions
- Life Experience Questions
- Getting To Know Eachother
- Future Plans
- How Well Do You Know Each Other?
Road Trip Questions For Couples – Conversation Starters
Here are some conversation starters to get you started with your road trip questions for couples. A variety of topics are introduced from first dates to bizarre phobias… enjoy!
- What happened on your worst-ever first date?
- Is there anyone you would secretly love to punch in the face?
- If your friend was cheating on their partner, would you tell their partner?
- Do you have any strange phobias?
- What made you say yes when I asked you on our first date?
- Is it OK to notice other attractive women when you are married?
- What is the most terrifying experience you can recall?
- If you had a mediocre superpower what would it be?
- If you had a cloak of invisibility what would you do with it?
- Do you remember when you first decided you wanted to be in a relationship with me?
- What is your love language?
- Am I ever in your dreams, do you remember any of them?
- What’s your favorite sexual memory of our time together?
- Do you get jealous or uncomfortable if I talk to other attractive people?
- Where do you think the line is set for something to be considered cheating?
- What is the first thing you thought when you met me?
- Has there ever been a topic that you were totally obsessed with?
You Might Also Enjoy: Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend
- What is your idea of a perfect date night?
- Which is your favorite date night that we enjoyed together?
- What type of behavior makes you feel loved?
- What type of gestures in a relationship do you enjoy the most?
- Can you name 5 things in life you are most grateful for?
Pick up this Couple Reconnect Game for next time and spark up your conversations!
- ❤️ A MARRIAGE TO LAST A LIFETIME – Our card…
- ❤️RECONNECT ON A DEEPER, MEANINGFUL LEVEL -…
- ❤️ BACKED BY SCIENCE – Designed based on…
You may also like: 59 Insanely Fun Road Trip Games for Adults
- Can you think of a daring experience you’ve had?
- What are your favorite movies right now?
- Who are your top 5 celebrity crushes at the moment?
- What embarrassing skill do you have?
- Have you ever broken the law?
- If you could take a road trip with any famous person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- What’s the most memorable road trip you’ve ever been on? What made it so special?
- If you could teleport to any place in the world right now, where would you go and why?
- What’s one thing you’ve always wanted to try or experience while on a road trip?
- If you could only listen to one album or artist for the entire road trip, who would it be and why?
More Conversation Starters For Couples
- Would you ever consider applying for reality TV?
- Which TV shows can you not stop watching right now?
- If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?
- What would you like to spend more of your time doing?
- What would you do if you had one day left to live?
- If you had one day to spend 10 million dollars what would you buy?
- Is there anything in your life that would be classed as a luxury, but you cannot imagine living without?
- Can you see yourself having kids in the future?
- What traits are most attractive to you in another person?
- Have you learned any important lessons from previous relationships?
- Can you recall any really embarrassing memories from when you were growing up?
- Name 5 things on your bucket list
- How do you think your life would change if you became a millionaire tomorrow?
- Share a funny or embarrassing travel story that you’ve never told me before.
- If you had a chance to learn a new skill or hobby during a long road trip, what would it be?
- What’s the most unusual or unique place you’ve visited on a road trip?
- What’s the most beautiful or breathtaking natural scenery you’ve ever seen on a road trip?
- If you could travel back in time and take a road trip in any era, when would you choose and why?
You Might Also Enjoy:
- Road Trip Jokes
- Best Podcasts for Road Trips
- Best Audiobooks for Road Trips
- Best Road Trip Songs
- Best Mobile Games For Road Trips
Would You Rather Road Trip Questions For Couples
What better way to continue than with some classic would you rather road trip questions for couples?
See how your partner responds to this list of interesting, funny, and awkward situations. These conversation starters for couples will keep you entertained for hours!
- Would you rather meet the love of your life or a treasure chest with a million dollars in it?
- Would you rather live in a lovely neighborhood or out in the countryside?
- Would you rather be able to read someone’s mind or teleport anywhere on the planet at will?
- Would you rather never speak again or never have sex again?
- Would you rather never be able to walk again or never be able to hear again?
- Would you rather be good-looking and dumb or ugly and extremely intelligent?
- Would you rather live to 150 but have a boring life or live to 50 but have a really exciting life?
- Would you rather be the first person to visit Mars or the inventor of a drug that saves a million lives?
- Would you rather have a house cleaner or a personal chef that cooks all your meals for you?
- Would you rather not shower for a month or not use the internet for a month?
- Would you rather always be 20 minutes early or ten minutes late?
- Would you rather be a genius that people don’t trust or an idiot that everyone listens to?
More Would You Rather Questions For Couples On A Road Trip
- Would you rather go on a beach holiday or an adventure holiday?
- Would you rather live in a boring city with an amazing job or an awesome city with a boring job?
- Would you rather be able to time travel or teleport?
- Would you rather stay in for a romantic evening or go out for an adventurous date?
While you’re here you might also consider a free trial of Audible Plus to keep you entertained on your road trip! There are audiobooks, podcasts, and more!
Road Trip Questions For Couples – Relationships
These road trip questions for couples are all about relationships. There may be some intimate questions for couples included!
You may also like 12 Amazing Road Trip Games for Two People.
- Are you still in contact with any of your ex-partners?
- What small things could I do that would really improve your day?
- What actions in a relationship would be a deal-breaker for you?
- Which of us is most dominant in the relationship?
- What feature did you first notice about me?
- What sexual desires do you have that are unfulfilled?
- What do you think about monogamy? Be honest.
- How would you best describe your relationship with your family?
- What do you classify as cheating when in a relationship?
- Do you like spending a lot of time with your family? How often do you like to visit them?
- Do you ever have sexual dreams?
- What are the most important features you look for in a partner?
While you’re at it, check out the best podcasts to listen to in the car.
Road Trip Questions For Couples – Deep
Here are some deep road trip questions for couples. These are perfect during a long journey when you have the time to explore some important topics.
- What do you think are the most important elements of a successful relationship?
- What red flag characteristics would make you want to have nothing to do with someone?
- Who is your most trusted friend in life and why?
- What are the main differences in your life from one year ago?
- Do you think it’s possible to have platonic relationships between men and women?
More Deep Questions
- If you were forced to pick one person to switch lives with who would that person be?
- What is more important to you, spontaneity or meticulous planning?
- Can money buy you happiness? If not what’s the most important thing it can do?
- How do you think a person can best use their time in life?
- What are your goals this year and do you need help achieving them?
- What is your mindset towards personal finance and debt?
Road Trip Questions For Couples – Food
We all know food brings people together, so let’s see how much you have in common with this list of food-related road trip questions for couples.
Looking for something a bit different?
We’ve got you covered with our License Plate Game Printable Checklist PDF.
- What is your favorite type of coffee?
- What is your worst-ever cooking attempt that was a disaster?
- Do you have a favorite type of dessert that you could eat forever?
- How do you like your eggs in the morning?
- What is the most bizarre dish you have ever tried?
- What is your absolute favorite dish?
- Do you prefer Spanish or Italian food?
Road Trip Questions For Couples – Travel
This section of couples’ questions to ask on a road trip focus’ on the topic of travel. There are a full 20 questions here so it should keep you entertained for a while!
If you’re on a trip together why not add in some extra questions with your final destination in mind?
- What place would you most like to visit as a couple?
- What do you think about going on holiday with other couples? Would you enjoy that?
- If you could live anywhere in the world what would be your first choice and why?
- What city would you most like to visit for a weekend break?
- Where would be your perfect destination for a 10th anniversary holiday?
- Is there a childhood holiday that you would like to recreate for our children?
- What is your least favorite holiday destination from your past trips?
- What are the three things you like least about travel?
More Travel Questions
- How do you like to relax after returning from a long trip?
- What part of going on holiday do you enjoy the most?
- Is there an amusement park you would love to go to as a couple?
- What is the most relaxing destination you have ever been on a trip to?
- If you could visit any destination in the world where would it be and why?
- Would you rather go on a beach holiday or a mountain trip?
- What is the longest road trip you have ever taken?
- Where in the world have you seen the most amazing landscape?
- Would you ever try skinny dipping?
- Is there a location you would like to go camping together?
- What is the most useful travel advice you have ever received?
- What is the scariest experience you’ve ever had on a holiday?
Road Trip Questions For Couples – Future Plans
This section is all about future plans so there should be some good conversation starters. Long journeys can drag on but we’ve got the linguists covered with our article on 28 Incredible Word Games to Play in the Car.
- Give a description of what your dream home would be like?
- What new language would you most like to learn?
- Which skill would you most like to learn in the future?
- Would you consider being a stay-at-home parent?
- What is your mindset toward having kids?
- How far would you be willing to relocate for a career opportunity?
- Are you a person that wants to own your own business or do you prefer working for somebody else?
- If you could work your perfect job what would it be?
- Would you like to own any pets in the future? What kind of animal?
- How would you feel if one of us took a job that involved a very long commute or staying away?
- Is there any job that you would never do, even for a huge sum of money?
Road Trip Questions For Couples – Preferences
This next set of couples’ questions is all about preferences.
Do you like all the same things?
There’s only one way to find out…
- Describe your perfect date night out?
- Which is your preferred social media platform, if you had to delete all others?
- What’s your favorite thing to do at the weekend when the weather outside is terrible?
- Do you enjoy art if so, what type do you prefer?
- If you had to eat the same dish for the next month what would it be?
- What is your least favorite food?
- Bungee jumping or skydiving…. Which is scarier?
- Beaches or mountains for a holiday?
- What songs would be on your best road trip playlist?
- Who is your celebrity hero?
- Describe your perfect weekend?
You might also like: Road Trip Entertainment
Road Trip Questions For Couples – Getting To Know Each Other
This set of topics is focused on getting to know each other.
- What is the most inspiring book you have ever read?
- If you had a time machine what period of history would you most like to observe?
- What is the one part of my personality that really frustrates you?
- What is your worst guilty pleasure?
- Are you a morning person?
- How many hours of sleep is optimal for you?
- What makes you feel most alive or excited?
- What accomplishment in life are you most satisfied with?
More Getting To Know Each Other Questions
- How good are you at keeping secrets? Do you always let them slip?
- If you could own any sports team which one would it be?
- Which parent are you most alike to and why?
- How would you summarise my principles in life?
- If you could choose one new talent to have what would that be?
- What is the longest time you have taken with ought washing and why?
- If you had more time in life what would you spend it doing more of?
- What do you like to do to relax when things are getting crazy?
- If you won $5000 in a charity poker game which charity would you donate it to?
Road Trip Questions For Couples – Life Experience
Relive, reminisce, and share some of your favorite stories with these life experience questions for couples.
- What is your most embarrassing life experience?
- Can you think of a time you have ever been impulsive? What were the consequences?
- Have you ever met a famous person?
- What is our most exciting experience together to date?
- What experience would you most want us to enjoy together if money were no object?
- Have you ever read a book that’s had a big impact on your principles?
More Life Experience Questions
- What is the bravest thing you have ever had to do in your life?
- What was your first purchase when you got a job for the first time?
- Have you ever had a negative experience that turned out to have a positive impact on your life?
- Can you think of a time you did not want to do something, but it turned out to be a fantastic experience?
- What type of aftershave is your favorite on a man?
- What sort of fashion do you like the most for a male?
Road Trip Questions For Couples – Romantic
Here is a set of intimate and romantic road trip questions for couples.
Perfect for a late-night drive!
- If I don’t say anything, what tells you that I want to make love?
- Do you think you have changed since our relationship?
- What compliment would you most like to hear from me?
- Describe your wildest desires?
- Do you remember our first kiss and where it was?
- What is the most romantic thing you can remember about our relationship?
- Is there a trait of mine that is your favorite?
- Where would you most like to go on your honeymoon?
More Romantic Questions
- What made you accept my invitation to our first date?
- What is your favorite memory of our time together?
- Is there anything about the start of our relationship you wish you could go back and change?
- How could we improve our relationship?
- Describe a perfect, romantic day?
- Where on your body do you most enjoy being kissed?
- What words come to mind when you think about describing our relationship?
- If there was a film made about our relationship who would play each of us?
- What can I do that really turns you on?
Road Trip Questions For Couples – Random
If you’ve made it this far in the article… congratulations! You must be on a long road trip.
Here are a few random road trip questions for couples to learn some unexpected things about each other.
- Have you got any interesting family traditions?
- What one thing do you wish you had started doing at a younger age?
- If you won the lottery what would be the first thing you bought?
- Which Olympic event is your favorite?
- What was the first music single you ever purchased?
- What would you say is the scariest movie you have ever watched?
- What is the best picture you have ever taken?
- Which newspaper would you choose to read regularly?
- Have you got a scar with a cool story behind it?
- Have you ever cried in a movie and why?
Road Trip Questions For Couples – How Well Do You Know Eachother
Let’s see who knows who better.
This list of road trip questions for couples is designed to test your knowledge of each other.
The best way to play this is for the person asking the question to write down what they think the answer is first before asking their partner. That way you can compare answers and see who knows each other better!
- Which TV series do you like the most?
- What Is your favorite movie ever?
- Do you use one or two pillows?
- Who is your biggest sporting hero?
- What is the most embarrassing story from your youth?
- Who are your top three music artists?
Road Trip Quizzes For Couples
In this section, we’re going to continue with the theme of seeing how well you know each other. This set of road trip quizzes for couples involves asking questions to your partner about yourself to see how well they know you!
Quizzes For Couples – Food, Interests, And Friends
- What are my 5 favorite 5 foods?
- Who is the first person I’d call If I was in trouble?
- What are my 3 favorite music artists?
- What are my 3 favorite movies?
- What is my favorite color?
- Who are my 3 closest friends?
- Which friend annoys me the most?
Quizzes For Couples – Our Travel Together
- Which 3 countries would I most like to visit next?
- What is my favorite trip that we have taken together and why?
- Where would I choose for our honeymoon?
- What would be my ideal weekend getaway?
Quizzes For Couples – Our Time Together
- What little things do you do that annoy me most?
- What little things do I like about you the most?
- Can you think of my most embarrassing moment whilst we have been together?
- What is my favorite memory of our time together?
- Where do I want to be in 5 years’ time?
How did you get on with the set of road trip quizzes for couples? Let us know in the comments.
If you are on a long drive together, check out our top road trip tips for couples.
Pin For Later
Which questions were your favorite or did you find most interesting?
Do you have any other road trip questions for couples that you’d recommend?
Either way, leave a comment below and let us know!
Disclosure: Some or all of the links in this article may be affiliate links. This means I earn a commission if you make a qualifying purchase, but this is at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Road Trip Expert.