Are you looking for some inspirational road trip quotes & captions to get you out on the road?
Do you need to reignite that travel buzz?
Or, do you simply need a few road trip captions for your next Instagram post…?
Either way, this epic list of long drive quotes has everything. There are posters for you to copy as well as some thoughts of my own following my time out exploring in my KIA.
I spent hours compiling the most inspiring, thought-provoking and funny road trip quotes I could find into one big list, so you can pick your favorites with ease!
Simply browse these quotes about roads and get inspired for the next time you travel on a big car journey!
There are open road quotes about adventure, the challenges you face, and the people you meet along the way. Let us know in the comments if you have any great ones of your own and I’ll add them to the article.
You’re sure to find something you like in this massive collection of long road quotes .
ROAD TRIP QUOTES & CAPTIONS
Over the years I’ve learned that no matter how tough life gets, hitting the road is always a recipe for feeling great again. Sometimes you just need to drop everything and get out.
These road trip quotes and sayings are sure to inspire you to do just that.
I’ve split them into categories to make them easy to browse.
If you particularly like any of these road trip captions, feel free to pin them on Pinterest!
TOP 10 ROAD TRIP QUOTES
Let’s not keep the best till last… here are my 10 favorite road trip quotes! These driving captions are the perfect accomplice to a scenic image!
1. “THE FUNNY THING ABOUT MONEY IS THAT YOU CAN’T TAKE IT WITH YOU, SO DON’T TRY TO.” – AARON LAURITSEN
2. “STILL, ROUND THE CORNER, THERE MAY WAIT, A NEW ROAD OR A SECRET GATE.” – J. R. R. TOLKIEN
3. “ONLY THOSE WHO RISK GOING TOO FAR CAN POSSIBLY FIND OUT HOW FAR THEY CAN GO.” – T.S ELIOT
4. “DISCOVERY CONSISTS NOT IN SEEKING NEW LANDSCAPES, BUT IN HAVING NEW EYES.” – MARCEL PROUST
5. “ THE WORLD IS A BOOK AND THOSE WHO DO NOT TRAVEL READ ONLY ONE PAGE.” – SAINT AUGUSTINE
6. “GOD MADE THE WORLD ROUND SO WE WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO SEE TOO FAR DOWN THE ROAD.” – ISAK DINESEN
7. “I CAN SPEAK TO MY SOUL ONLY WHEN THE TWO OF US ARE OFF EXPLORING DESERTS OR CITIES OR MOUNTAINS OR ROADS.” – PAULO COELHO
8. “LOOK AT LIFE THROUGH THE WINDSHIELD, NOT THE REARVIEW MIRROR.” – BYRD BAGGETT
9. “TRAVEL SPARKS OUR IMAGINATION, FEEDS OUR CURIOSITY, AND REMINDS US HOW MUCH WE ALL HAVE IN COMMON.” – DEBORAH LLOYD
10. “LIFE BEGINS AT THE END OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE” – NEALE DONALD WALSCH
Let us know what your favorite quote is for an inspirational instagram caption. Perhaps you have a quote from a road trip movie?
ROAD TRIP CAPTIONS FOR INSTAGRAM
There is nothing like a great photo to take a snapshot of the scenery whilst out on an adventure.
Use this list of road trip captions to add the perfect text to your Instagram post!
11. “HERE TODAY, GONE TOMORROW.”
12. “THE MOUNTAINS ARE CALLING AND I MUST GO.”
13. “ROADS WERE MADE FOR JOURNEYS, NOT DESTINATIONS.” -CONFUCIUS
14. “DIFFICULT ROADS OFTEN LEAD TO BEAUTIFUL DESTINATIONS.”
15. “HEY GPS, LET’S TAKE THE SCENIC ROUTE TODAY.”
16. “CRUISIN’ IS MY FOREVER MOOD.”
17. “WINDOWS DOWN. MUSIC UP.”
18. “AND SO THE ADVENTURE BEGINS.”
19. “LET’S TRAVEL WHERE THE WIFI IS WEAK.”
These driving captions will add the perfect context to your image. Let us know in the comments which one you connected with and why.
OPEN ROAD QUOTES
These awesome open road quotes come from people that have wandered this world and felt the freedom that comes with the open road.
Hopefully, their words will inspire you to get out on the open road and explore!
In this uncertain world there is nothing better than heading out and exploring.
20. “I TAKE TO THE OPEN ROAD, HEALTHY, FREE, THE WORLD BEFORE ME.” – WALT WHITMAN
21. “THE FREEDOM OF THE OPEN ROAD IS SEDUCTIVE, SERENDIPITOUS AND ABSOLUTELY LIBERATING.” – AARON LAURITSEN
22. “THE OPEN ROAD IS A BECKONING, A STRANGENESS, A PLACE WHERE A MAN CAN LOSE HIMSELF.” – WILLIAM LEAST HEAT MOON
23. “AFOOT AND LIGHT-HEARTED I TAKE TO THE OPEN ROAD.” – WALT WHITMAN
24. “IF YOU MAKE THE MISTAKE OF LOOKING BACK TOO MUCH, YOU AREN’T FOCUSED ENOUGH ON THE ROAD IN FRONT OF YOU.” – BRAD PAISLEY
25. “AND JUST LIKE THAT, WE’RE ON OUR WAY TO EVERYWHERE” – EMERY LORD
26. “EVERY JOURNEY IS SIMULTANEOUSLY A BEGINNING AND AN ENDING: I WAS LEAVING MY OLD LIFE BEHIND AND STARTING ON A ROAD TRIP TO FIND A NEW ME.” – DEBI TOLBERT DUGGAR
27. “EXPLORE, EXPERIENCE, THEN PUSH BEYOND.” – AARON LAURITSEN
28. “THE OPEN ROAD IS THERE, IT WILL ALWAYS BE THERE. YOU JUST HAVE TO DECIDE WHEN TO TAKE IT.” – CHRIS HUMPHREY
Which of these road ahead quotes was your favorite?
FAMILY ROAD TRIP QUOTES
Do you enjoy taking a road trip with your family?
This collection of family road trip quotes encapsulates the chaos, hilarity, and excitement of a long drive with your family.
Perhaps you could read them out in the car and bond over the shared excitement of the journey ahead. One thing’s for sure, nothing beats the quality time of a family road trip!
49. “I CLIMB BEHIND THE STEERING WHEEL… I DRIVE OFF IMMEDIATELY WITHOUT ONCE LOOKING BACK; IT’S A LONG JOURNEY BUT IT LEADS TO FREEDOM.” – CORINNE HOFMANN
50. “MAP OUT YOUR FUTURE – BUT DO IT IN PENCIL. THE ROAD AHEAD IS AS LONG AS YOU MAKE IT. MAKE IT WORTH THE TRIP.” – JON BON JOVI
51. “SOMETIMES THE MOST SCENIC ROADS IN LIFE ARE THE DETOURS YOU DIDN’T MEAN TO TAKE.” – ANGELA N. BLOUNT
52. “HAPPINESS IS NOT A STATE TO ARRIVE AT, BUT A MANNER OF TRAVELING.” – MARGARET LEE RUNBECK
53. “THE PLEASURE WE DERIVE FROM JOURNEYS IS PERHAPS DEPENDENT MORE ON THE MINDSET WITH WHICH WE TRAVEL THAN ON THE DESTINATION WE TRAVEL TO.” – ALAIN DE BOTTON
54. “NOTHING BEHIND ME, EVERYTHING AHEAD OF ME, AS IS EVER SO ON THE ROAD.” – JACK KEROUAC
FAMOUS ROAD TRIP QUOTES
Check out this list of awesome famous road trip quotes! You may have heard some of them before. If not, they’re sure to get you pumped for your next big trip!
55. “LIFE IS EITHER A DARING ADVENTURE OR NOTHING.” – HELEN KELLER
56. “LOOK FOR CHANCES TO TAKE THE LESS-TRAVELED ROADS. THERE ARE NO WRONG TURNS.” – SUSAN MAGSAMEN
57. “MY FAVORITE THING TO DO IS TO GO WHERE I’VE NEVER BEEN.” – DIANE ARBUS
58. “I TRAVEL NOT TO GO ANYWHERE BUT TO GO. I TRAVEL FOR TRAVEL’S SAKE. THE GREAT AFFAIR IS TO MOVE.” – ROBERT LOUIS STEVENSON
59. “THE ROAD MUST EVENTUALLY LEAD TO THE WHOLE WORLD.” – JACK KEROUAC
60. “LIFE’S TRIALS WILL TEST YOU, AND SHAPE YOU, BUT DON’T LET THEM CHANGE WHO YOU ARE.” – AARON LAURITSEN
61. “IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD, TAKE IT.” – YOGI BERRA
62 “WHEN ALL’S SAID AND DONE, ALL ROADS LEAD TO THE SAME END. SO IT’S NOT SO MUCH WHICH ROAD YOU TAKE, AS HOW YOU TAKE IT.” – CHARLES DE LINT
63. “TO TRAVEL IS TO LIVE.” – HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN
64. “ONE’S DESTINATION IS NEVER A PLACE, BUT RATHER A NEW WAY OF SEEING THINGS.” – HENRY MILLER
65. “ONCE YOU HAVE TRAVELED, THE VOYAGE NEVER ENDS, BUT IS PLAYED OUT OVER AND OVER AGAIN IN THE QUIETEST CHAMBERS. THE MIND CAN NEVER BREAK OFF FROM THE JOURNEY.” – PAT CONROY
ROAD TRIP WITH FRIENDS QUOTES
Nothing beats hitting the road with your best buds and these road trip with friends quotes sum up that experience of a lifetime.
Some are funny, some are thought-provoking. But they’ll all get you prepared for your next trip.
66. “PEOPLE DON’T TAKE TRIPS, TRIPS TAKE PEOPLE.” – JOHN STEINBECK
67. “SOME ROADS AREN’T MEANT TO BE TRAVELLED ALONE” – UNKNOWN
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with a solo road trip, but some trips are simply meant for a group of friends.
For me, loading up the car with all your gear and getting out and adventuring is the best vacation you can have.
68. “BECAUSE THE GREATEST PART OF A ROAD TRIP ISN’T ARRIVING AT YOUR DESTINATION. IT’S ALL THE WILD STUFF THAT HAPPENS ALONG THE WAY.” – EMMA CHASE
69. “IT’S A ROAD TRIP! IT’S ABOUT ADVENTURE! . . . IT’S NOT LIKE WE HAVE SOMEWHERE TO GO.” – JOHN GREEN
70. “WE ALL HAVE THAT ONE FRIEND WHO IS EITHER ON A ROAD-TRIP OR PLANNING A ROAD-TRIP OR THINKING ABOUT A ROAD-TRIP OR TALKING TO PEOPLE WHO ARE ON ROAD-TRIP OR POSTING QUOTES ABOUT ROAD-TRIP.” – CRESTLESS WAVE
Ok fine, in this scenario I guess I am ‘that friend’. But hey, road trips are awesome, right?
71. “OUR BATTERED SUITCASES WERE PILED ON THE SIDEWALK AGAIN; WE HAD LONGER WAYS TO GO. BUT NO MATTER, THE ROAD IS LIFE.” – JACK KEROUAC
72. “A MAN PRACTICES THE ART OF ADVENTURE WHEN HE BREAKS THE CHAIN OF ROUTINE AND RENEWS HIS LIFE THROUGH READING NEW BOOKS, TRAVELING TO NEW PLACES, MAKING NEW FRIENDS, TAKING UP NEW HOBBIES AND ADOPTING NEW VIEWPOINTS.” – WILFRED PETERSON
73. “GOOD COMPANY IN A JOURNEY MAKES THE WAY SEEM SHORTER.” – IZAAK WALTON
74. “A JOURNEY IS A PERSON IN ITSELF; NO TWO ARE ALIKE. AND ALL PLANS, SAFEGUARDS, POLICING, AND COERCION ARE FRUITLESS. WE FIND THAT AFTER YEARS OF STRUGGLE THAT WE DO NOT TAKE A TRIP; A TRIP TAKES US.” – JOHN STEINBECK
75. “ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE” – BOB BITCHIN
76. “IF YOU DON’T KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING, ANY ROAD WILL GET YOU THERE.” – LEWIS CARROLL
I love the sense of freedom and adventure you get from a road trip.
Taking a spontaneous detour to see something cool is just one of the many joys of exploring in your own vehicle. Don’t get hung up on reaching your destination.
Enjoy the journey and see where it takes you.
77. “NOTHING ADVENTURED, NOTHING ATTAINED” – PETER MCWILLIAMS
One of my favorite road trip quotes. You need to get out there and adventure if you want those special memories and experiences.
78. “ADVENTURE, WITHOUT IT, WHY LIVE?” – HORTENSE ODLUM
79. “WE LIVE IN A WONDERFUL WORLD THAT IS FULL OF BEAUTY, CHARM AND ADVENTURE. THERE IS NO END TO THE ADVENTURES WE CAN HAVE IF ONLY WE SEEK THEM WITH OUR EYES OPEN.” – JAWAHARLAL NEHRU
80.“WE’RE NOT HOME-AND-HEARTH PEOPLE. WE’RE THE ADVENTURERS, THE BUCCANEERS, THE BLOCKADE RUNNERS. WITHOUT CHALLENGE, WE’RE ONLY ALIVE.” – ALEXANDER ELIO
Amen to that! Adventure is what makes us feel alive.
81. “. . . IT’S PART OF THE ADVENTURE!” – CAT MCMAHON
82. “REAL ADVENTURE IS DEFINED BEST AS A JOURNEY FROM WHICH YOU MAY NOT COME BACK ALIVE, AND CERTAINLY NOT AS THE SAME PERSON.” – YVON CHOUINARD
83. “TAKE ONLY MEMORIES, LEAVE ONLY FOOTPRINTS.” – UNKNOWN
This quote is especially important to me.
I’m super passionate about preserving our beautiful planet and have recently been thinking a lot about the impact that traveling has on the planet.
No matter where our road trips take us, it’s important we do our utmost to preserve the natural surroundings by leaving no trace.
84. “THE TWO IMPULSES IN TRAVEL ARE TO GET AWAY FROM HOME, AND THE OTHER IS TO PURSUE SOMETHING – A LANDSCAPE, PEOPLE, AN EXOTIC PLACE. CERTAINLY FINDING A PLACE THAT YOU LIKE OR DISCOVERING SOMETHING UNUSUAL IS A VERY SUSTAINING THING IN TRAVEL.” – PAUL THEROUX
85. “DO NOT FOLLOW WHERE THE PATH MAY LEAD. GO INSTEAD WHERE THERE IS NO PATH AND LEAVE A TRAIL.” – RALPH WALDO EMERSON
In my opinion, there’s no better way to travel than a road trip. It gives you an unparalleled sense of freedom.
You can stop when you want, change direction, or go back the way you came.
With that in mind, I feel the above quote describes the ideal road trip attitude. You’re completely free to explore less trodden paths and choose your own routes.
86. “TO AWAKEN ALONE IN A STRANGE TOWN IS ONE OF THE PLEASANTEST SENSATIONS IN THE WORLD. YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY ADVENTURE. YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT IS IN STORE FOR YOU, BUT YOU WILL, IF YOU ARE WISE AND KNOW THE ART OF TRAVEL, LET YOURSELF GO ON THE STREAM OF THE UNKNOWN.” – FREYA STARK
87. “I JUST GO WITH THE FLOW, I FOLLOW THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD. I DON’T KNOW WHERE IT’S GOING TO LEAD ME, BUT I FOLLOW IT.” – GRACE JONES
88. “I’M ON THE ROAD CONSTANTLY. I’M A NOMAD. I DON’T REALLY HAVE A HOME RIGHT NOW. I DON’T IDENTIFY WITH ONE PLACE IN PARTICULAR.” – DAYA
89. “I LOVE BEING ON THE ROAD. I LOVE THAT LIFESTYLE, TRAVELING CITY TO CITY, ROCKING OUT AND MOVING ON TO THE NEXT PLACE.” – CALEB JOHNSON
90. “YOU CAN BE WRITING EVERY DAY. WHEN YOU GO ON A ROAD TRIP, THE TRIP ITSELF BECOMES PART OF THE STORY.” – STEVE RUSHIN
91. “BECAUSE HE HAD NO PLACE HE COULD STAY IN WITHOUT GETTING TIRED OF IT AND BECAUSE THERE WAS NOWHERE TO GO BUT EVERYWHERE, KEEP ROLLING UNDER THE STARS…” – JACK KEROUAC
INSPIRING ROAD TRIP QUOTES
Well done for making it this far! There are plenty more road trip quotes to come.
In my opinion, a great quote should encourage you to get out and take your next trip. This set of inspiring road trip quotes should do just that.
92. “Road trips are the equivalent of human wings. Ask me to go on one, anywhere. We’ll stop in every small town and learn the history and stories, feel the ground and capture the spirit. Then, we’ll turn it into our own story that will live inside our history to carry with us always. Because stories are more important than things.” – Victoria Erickson
93. “YOUR TIME IS LIMITED, SO DON’T WASTE IT LIVING SOMEONE ELSE’S LIFE.” – STEVE JOBS
94. “THE PURPOSE OF LIFE IS TO LIVE IT, TO TASTE EXPERIENCE TO THE UTMOST, TO REACH OUT EAGERLY AND WITHOUT FEAR FOR NEWER AND RICHER EXPERIENCE.” – ELEANOR ROOSEVELT
95. “I MAY NOT HAVE GONE WHERE I INTENDED TO GO, BUT I THINK I HAVE ENDED UP WHERE I INTENDED TO BE.” – DOUGLAS ADAMS
This road trip quote feels extremely relevant. More often than not, road trips do not go as planned; I’d say it’s nigh-on impossible to go on a road trip and not get lost.
But that’s what they’re all about, right?
The best times are the times you stumble across something cool you didn’t expect, or take a wrong turn and end up in a weird town.
Think about it:
They’re the moments that you remember, and they make road trips awesome.
96. “THE WISE MAN TRAVELS TO DISCOVER HIMSELF.” – JAMES RUSSELL LOWELL
97. “IT FEELS GOOD TO BE LOST IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.” – UNKNOWN
98. “THE CONCEPT OF TIME, AS IT’S COMMONLY UNDERSTOOD BY NORMAL PEOPLE WITH NORMAL JOBS AND NORMAL GODDAMN LIVES, DOESN’T EXIST ON THE ROAD. THE NIGHTS SPREAD OUT LIKE THE DARK, GODFORSAKEN HIGHWAYS THAT DISTINGUISH THEM, AND THE DAYS RUN TOGETHER LIKE THANKSGIVING DINNER SMOTHERED IN GRAVY. YOU NEVER REALLY KNOW WHERE YOU ARE OR WHAT TIME IT IS, AND THE OUTSIDE WORLD STARTS TO FADE AWAY. IT’S COOL.” – TIFFANIE DEBARTOLO
99. “WHAT IT TAKES TO REALIZE EVERYTHING IS FINE AROUND YOU? A ROAD TRIP TO THE MOUNTAINS WHERE YOUR SOUL DWELLS IN THE ECHOES OF THE WINDS THAT CARRY FRAGMENTS OF CLOUDS WITH THEM. WHAT IT TAKES TO REALIZE WORLD IS GOING BACK TO CHAOS AND INFINITE HURRY? END OF THE AFOREMENTIONED ROAD TRIP…” – CRESTLESS WAVE
100. “JOBS FILL YOUR POCKETS, BUT ADVENTURES FILL YOUR SOUL.” – JAIME LYN
Far too often I get into conversations with people who ask me, “but wouldn’t you rather earn loads and save all your money?”
The honest answer is NO.
Sure, I could be earning way more than I am now, and having money is great, but I am at my happiest when on the road. I love spontaneity and adventure, and I wouldn’t trade it.
With that in mind, the next 2 quotes feel relevant too…
101. “TRAVEL IS COSTLY YES, BUT IT PAYS DIVIDENDS TOO.” – AARON LAURITSEN
102. “TRAVEL IS THE ONLY THING WE BUY THAT MAKES US RICHER” – UNKNOWN
As you can tell, I strongly believe that travel is one of the best uses of your cash.
You experience things that money simply cannot buy.
Road trips are my favorite form of travel – you can’t beat the sense of freedom you get from having your own vehicle.
103. “YOU DON’T CHOOSE THE DAY YOU ENTER THE WORLD AND YOU DON’T CHOOSE THE DAY YOU LEAVE. IT’S WHAT YOU DO IN BETWEEN THAT MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE.” – ANNA SPETIMUS
104. “TO MOVE, TO BREATHE, TO FLY, TO FLOAT, TO GAIN ALL WHILE YOU GIVE, TO ROAM THE ROADS OF LANDS REMOTE, TO TRAVEL IS TO LIVE.” – HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN
105. “WHAT YOU’VE DONE BECOMES THE JUDGE OF WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO DO – ESPECIALLY IN OTHER PEOPLE’S MINDS. WHEN YOU’RE TRAVELING, YOU ARE WHAT YOU ARE RIGHT THERE AND THEN. PEOPLE DON’T HAVE YOUR PAST TO HOLD AGAINST YOU. NO YESTERDAYS ON THE ROAD.” – WILLIAM LEAST HEAT MOON
This road trip quote really stuck with me.
Back home, people often get hung up on where they are at with their careers or how much money they have made. We get carried away with where we’re at in comparison to other people.
In my opinion, such social pressure can cause us to lose sight of what’s important.
On the road there is no-one to judge you; you are just another traveler to anyone you meet. It’s a great feeling to lose the baggage.
106. “YOU KNOW MORE OF A ROAD BY HAVING TRAVELED IT THAN BY ALL THE CONJECTURES AND DESCRIPTIONS IN THE WORLD.” – WILLIAM HAZLITT
107. “I SEE MY PATH, BUT I DON’T KNOW WHERE IT LEADS. NOT KNOWING WHERE I’M GOING IS WHAT INSPIRES ME TO TRAVEL IT.” – ROSALIA DE CASTRO
108. “TWENTY YEARS FROM NOW, YOU WILL BE MORE DISAPPOINTED BY THE THINGS YOU DIDN’T DO THAN BY THE ONES YOU DID DO.” – MARK TWAIN
QUOTES ABOUT PEOPLE YOU MEET ON ROAD TRIPS
109. “YOU WILL NEVER BE COMPLETELY AT HOME AGAIN, BECAUSE PART OF YOUR HEART ALWAYS WILL BE ELSEWHERE. THAT IS THE PRICE YOU PAY FOR THE RICHNESS OF LOVING AND KNOWING PEOPLE IN MORE THAN ONE PLACE.” – MIRIAM ADENEY
110. “IT’S IN THOSE QUIET LITTLE TOWNS, AT THE EDGE OF THE WORLD, THAT YOU WILL FIND THE SALT OF THE EARTH PEOPLE WHO MAKE YOU FEEL RIGHT AT HOME.” – AARON LAURITSEN
111. “PEOPLE ALL AROUND THE WORLD LOOK DIFFERENT, THEY WEAR DIFFERENT KINDS OF CLOTHES, PREPARE THEIR FOOD DIFFERENTLY, AND SPEAK DIFFERENT LANGUAGES, BUT THEIR HEARTS BEAT FOR THE SAME EMOTIONS — THIS IS THE ONE AND ONLY UNIVERSAL HUMAN CONNECTION.” – SANJAY MADAN
QUOTES ABOUT CHALLENGES ON THE ROAD
112. “YOU MAY NOT FIND A PATH, BUT YOU WILL FIND A WAY.” – TOM WOLFE
113. “STOP WORRYING ABOUT THE POTHOLES IN THE ROAD AND ENJOY THE JOURNEY.” – BABS HOFFMAN
114. “SOME BEAUTIFUL PATHS CAN’T BE DISCOVERED WITHOUT GETTING LOST.” – EROL OZAN
115. “IF YOU’RE ON A ROAD TRIP, YOU NEED DRIVING MUSIC.” – EDGAR WRIGHT
This road trip quote isn’t really about a particular challenge you might face, but music always helps!
Include downloading an epic road trip playlist within your packing list, so that you can belt out some classics on the road.
116. “THERE IS STRANGE COMFORT IN KNOWING THAT NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS TODAY, THE SUN WILL RISE AGAIN TOMORROW.” – AARON LAURITSEN
117. “THE STRUGGLES WE ENDURE TODAY WILL BE THE ‘GOOD OLD DAYS’ WE LAUGH ABOUT TOMORROW.” – AARON LAURITSEN
Perhaps a little more practical than inspiring, this road trip quote still has a lot to offer. There’s something to be said for looking after and preparing your car for a road trip before you set off.
118. “TRAVEL ISN’T ALWAYS PRETTY. IT ISN’T ALWAYS COMFORTABLE. SOMETIMES IT HURTS, IT EVEN BREAKS YOUR HEART. BUT THAT’S OKAY. THE JOURNEY CHANGES YOU; IT SHOULD CHANGE YOU. IT LEAVES MARKS ON YOUR MEMORY, ON YOUR CONSCIOUSNESS, ON YOUR HEART, AND ON YOUR BODY. YOU TAKE SOMETHING WITH YOU. HOPEFULLY, YOU LEAVE SOMETHING GOOD BEHIND.” – ANTHONY BOURDAIN
I really like this road trip quote.
A lot of people think that travel and road trips are a breeze, but that’s not always the case. Sometimes we end up in challenging situations – the kind where you have to dig deep and work with others to get out.
These moments are important.
They help you grow, they etch that trip into your permanent memory, and they make the good times seem that bit better.
It’s all worth it.
NOW IT’S YOUR TURN…
So there you have it, 118 road trip quotes. Well done for making it down a mammoth list! Now it’s your turn…
Which quote was your favorite?
Or, do you have any other long drive quotes that you love?