Look no further for the ultimate collection of Sad Captions for Instagram! Have you been feeling down? This article is full of all the Sad Quotes you need to perfectly express your emotions!
Sometimes in life, you’re full of sadness. Maybe it’s grief, heartbreak, melancholy, or a sudden wave of gloominess. We hope you find comfort in reading this article.
Use these Depressing Captions for Instagram to tell your friends and loved ones how you are feeling.
Sad Captions for Instagram
- Let the tears come and water your soul.
- Unfortunately, being okay takes a lot of work.
- Happiness would be meaningless if sadness didn’t exist.
- Neither friends nor enemies. Just strangers with some memories.
- The worst thing is missing your old self.
- What’s the point of it all?
- I need a break from my own thoughts.
- All human souls are connected, which explains why it hurts so much to detach from others.
- Drowned in darkness, confined in pain.
- Smile and no one will see how broken you are inside.
You Might Also Like: Breakup Captions for Instagram
- Tears are words that the heart can’t say.
- Better and Worse. Mostly worse, though.
- I’m in Spain but the s is silent.
- A multitude of people, yet loneliness creeps.
- Pain is hard to avoid. Actually, just the act of trying to avoid it is already a pain.
- No one cares anyway.
- When the rain starts, it won’t stop for a while.
- It was when I woke up that the nightmare began.
- Every person has a secret sorrow, which the world doesn’t know about.
- And in the end, it’s not the people you miss. It’s the memories.
Next: Mirror Selfie Captions for Instagram
- People cry not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for too long.
- Love is priceless, yet we often pay heavily for it.
- Numb is my default mood.
- I’m slowly dying on the inside. And I don’t know how to make it stop.
- The smile is upside down, on the inside.
- I’m busy saving everybody else when I can’t even save myself.
- Adjusting to the pain because the pain never adjusts for me.
- Have you ever cried after keeping in all your feelings for so long?
- I’m not okay, but it’s okay.
- Every heart has a pain. Only the way of expressing it is different.
You Might Also Like: Rainy Day Captions for Instagram
- People come, people go. In the end, it’s just you.
- Yearning for the times when my smile was real.
- Sometimes it’s better to be alone, so nobody can hurt you.
- Clouds let rain go when they get too heavy. The same is true for humans.
- Drowning in a whirlpool of emotions.
- If it’s not a happy ending then it’s not the ending at all.
- Comforting myself.
- What to do with all the sadness? Channel it and convert it into creative energy.
- Where’s the pause button when you need it?
- Somewhere between broken and healed.
Next: Confidence Captions for Instagram
- I wish I could just disappear.
- Out of emotions.
- My life is a collection of sad moments and comparatively less sad moments.
- My only wish right now is to fall asleep before I fall apart.
- Negotiating with my inner demons.
- When life gives you lemons, breakdown.
- A broken heart is the worst. It’s like having broken ribs. Nobody can see it, but it hurts every time you breathe.
- Nobody knows about the emotional breakdowns I experience when I’m alone.
- Welcome to the struggle.
- I’m not living, I’m just existing.
You Might Also Like: Self Love Captions for Instagram
- I can’t see the end, all I see are tears.
- Everyone only knows about the smiles and laughs I show them.
- Look, I’m just tired.
- If I die today, host my funeral with smiles.
- Bad things will always happen, and there’s absolutely nothing we can do about it.
- When you grow up, your heart dies.
- Different faces, different experiences, different monsters in this world.
- I’m falling, but I don’t want to fly anymore.
- Some people seem to get all the sunshine. And some, all the shade.
- Slowly fading away.
Next: Sky Captions for Instagram
Sad Quotes for Instagram
- “Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody.” – Stephen Chbosky
- “Sadness is but a wall between two gardens.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “Tears are words that need to be written.” – Paulo Coelho
- “There is no pain so great as the memory of joy in present grief.” – Aeschylus
- “So it’s true, when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love.” – E.A. Bucchianeri
- “Love is hard to find, hard to keep, and hard to forget.” ― Alysha Speer
- “There are two types of people in the world: Those who prefer to be sad among others, and those who prefer to be sad alone.” – Nicole Krauss
- “People keep telling me that life goes on, but to me that’s the saddest part.” – Unknown
- “Sad things happen. They do. But we don’t need to live sad forever.” – Mattie Stepanek
- “Maybe we all have darkness inside of us and some of us are better at dealing with it than others.” – Jasmine Warga
You Might Also Like: Happy Captions for Instagram
- “I always like walking in the rain, so no one can see me crying.” – Charlie Chaplin
- “I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.” – Mother Teresa
- “Behind every sweet smile, there is a bitter sadness that no one can ever see and feel.” – Tupac Shakur
- “Never be afraid of tears. Tear-filled eyes are capable of seeing the truth. Tear-filled eyes are capable of seeing the beauty of life.” – Osho
- “The shattering of a heart when being broken is the loudest quiet ever.” – Carroll Bryant
- “One thing you can’t hide — is when you’re crippled inside.” – John Lennon
- “Tears come from the heart and not from the brain.” – Leonardo da Vinci
- “It will never rain roses: when we want to have more roses, we must plant more roses.” – George Eliot
- “I know how to love you, but not how to stop loving you.” – Invajo
- “My tears are becoming a sea.” – M83
Next: Cheating Captions for Instagram
- “Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect.” – Margaret Mitchell
- “Sad hurts but it’s a healthy feeling. It is a necessary thing to feel.” – J.K. Rowling
- “It’s funny how we feel so much but we cannot say a word. We are screaming inside, but we can’t be heard.” – Sarah McLachlan
- “Breathing is hard. When you cry so much, it makes you realize that breathing is hard.” – David Levithan
- “I do believe that if you haven’t learnt about sadness, you cannot appreciate happiness.” – Nana Mouskouri
- “Heavy hearts, like heavy clouds in the sky, are best relieved by the letting of a little water.” – Christopher Morley
- “The word ‘happy’ would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.” – Carl Jung
- “There is one pain, I often feel, which you will never know. It’s caused by the absence of you.” – Ashleigh Brilliant
- “What brings us to tears, will lead us to grace. Our pain is never wasted.” – Bob Goff
- “You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness.” – Jonathan Safran Foer
You Might Also Like: Nature Captions for Instagram
- “The heart was made to be broken.” – Oscar Wilde
- “The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
- “It hurts to leave a light on for nobody.” – Graham Foust
- “To have felt too much is to end in feeling nothing.” – Dorothy Thompson
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
- Being sad and being depressed are two different things. Depression is when you don’t care anymore.
- I can’t recognize myself anymore.
- A teardrop is insignificant in a pool of water, but it can touch the soul as it runs down someone’s face.
- Remember that pessimism isn’t really bad at all. People will disappoint you eventually, and you are going to do the same.
- Disappointed but not surprised.
Next: Love Captions for Instagram
Iain founded The Road Trip Expert in 2019 and continues to manage the website to this day. The inspiration to start the blog came during an extensive road trip around Europe with two friends that spanned several months and involved over 25,000km of driving. Iain writes about a variety of topics including backpacking, planning road trips, and car camping.