Ready for a mouthwatering indulgence? These Triple Chocolate Brownies are the answer to your sweet cravings. Perfect with your mid-morning coffee or as a delightful surprise for the kids during a road trip, they offer a smooth and delectable treat everyone will enjoy.
If you’re planning a road trip and looking for more snack ideas, don’t forget to check out our “Road Trip Food” and “Road Trip Snacks” articles. You’ll find an array of delicious and easy-to-pack options that will keep everyone satisfied during your journey.
Treat yourself to these rich, chocolatey delights that melt in your mouth and add a touch of indulgence to your day. Yields 12 scrumptious brownies, each delivering an unforgettable chocolate experience. Let’s dive in and make your day a bit more delicious!
Triple Chocolate Brownies
- Large bowl
- Electric whisk or mixer
- 8×12 inch baking tin
- Parchment paper
- Rubber spatula
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup golden brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 7 oz milk chocolate pieces (1¼ cups)
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- 3.4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 160 °C and line a 20x30cm baking tin with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, use an electric whisk to beat together the soft margarine or butter with the golden brown sugar until the mixture is fluffy and pale in color.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, ensuring each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next. Add the vanilla essence and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the plain flour and cocoa powder. Stir in the almond meal until the dry ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Gradually fold the dry mixture into the butter and sugar mixture. Take care not to overmix.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the dark/milk chocolate pieces in the microwave using 1-minute intervals at medium power, stirring after each interval until just melted.
- Stir the melted chocolate into the batter until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared tin, sprinkle evenly with chocolate chips, and bake for 25-30 minutes, turning the tray halfway through the bake time. The brownies are done when the top has slightly cracked and the center wobbles a bit when you gently shake the tray.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely in the tin before cutting into squares. For clean cuts, heat your knife blade with boiling water before each slice.
- For clean-cut slices, heat the blade of your knife with boiling water before slicing, and repeat this process in between each incision.
- For a successful brownie, the texture is paramount. The top should have a slight crack, while the interior should be fudgy, not dry. A skewer test won't be applicable here as the brownie is meant to be a bit gooey on the inside.
- The addition of ground almonds enriches the flavor, making these brownies extra indulgent.
Store these Indulgent Triple Chocolate Brownies in an airtight container at room temperature. They should last for up to 4 days. Alternatively, they can be frozen for up to 3 months; just thaw overnight at room temperature before serving.
- For a different flavor profile, you can replace the chocolate chips with white chocolate chips or even butterscotch chips.
- If you wish to add a bit of crunch, try incorporating chopped pecans or walnuts into the batter.
- Do not overmix your batter once the flour and cocoa powder are added, as this could result in a tougher brownie texture.
- When melting the chocolate, ensure it’s finely chopped so that it melts evenly and doesn’t burn.