We hope you enjoy this unbelievable collection of the best Athens captions for Instagram posts. Athens, the stunning capital of Greece, is still dominated by incredible historic landmarks. Millions visit each year to be astounded by their beauty.
If you’ve taken some awesome photos then use this collection of the best Athens quotes for Instagram to perfectly describe the moment. We’ve also collated some witty Athens puns for you to choose from!
Athens Captions for Instagram
- What’s Athen-ing?
- Good Zeus – What a view!
- Aristotle, Socrates, Plato, and now… me.
- Mamma Mia, here I go again.
- Greeking out over these views.
- Athens – A place where time stands still.
- Athens officially has my heart.
- “How do you say sorry in Greek?” “I Apollo-gies”
- I Hades to leave Athens – but I’ve got islands to go to!
- I’m Greek… I cannot keep calm.
You Might Also Like: Santorini Captions for Instagram
- Feta late than never!
- Greecey hair don’t care.
- Olive you so much Greece!
- My heart led me to Greece and I’m here to stay.
- I can’t keep calm, I’m going to Athens!
- A city that has withstood the test of time.
- Whatever you need, you’ll find it in Athens.
- I’m pretty sure I was a goddess in a past life.
- Finally made it to Athens…better later than Feta!
- Athens speak louder than words.
You Might Also Like: Milan Captions for Instagram
- Is it too early for ouzo? Asking for a friend.
- I’m in a good place right now. Not emotionally, I’m just in Athens.
- Not leaving anything behind in Athens but my heart.
- I’ve got a crush on Athens.
- Which ancient Greek Philosopher had a foot fetish? Play-toe.
- In Athens, the past is always present.
- What Athens in Greece, stays in Greece!
- Athens ouzos with charm.
- I followed my heart and it led me to Greece.
- I’ll myth you Athens!
- But first, let’s go to Athens.
- My heart’s GPS location is fixed here.
- There’s no place like Athens.
- Stop socrateasing me!
- They say ‘do what makes you happy’ so I came to Athens.
- Making memories in Athens.
- A new day, a new Greek island to explore.
- Had a wonderful vacation in Greece and one thing is for certain: I’ll be baklava!
- There’s Athens. And then there’s everywhere else.
You Might Also Like: Paris Captions for Instagram
- Don’t column me – I’m busy!
- View from the Acropolis.
- I can finally tick the Acropolis off my bucket list.
- Today’s forecast: 100% chance of the Acropolis.
- A setting sun and the Acropolis – Perfect!
- Athens put a spell on me.
- Off to Athens I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- Greekings from Athens.
- Athens, I’m yours!
- Take me back to Athens.
You Might Also Like: Rome Captions for Instagram
Athens Quotes for Instagram
- “Greece is a good place to look at the moon, isn’t it?” ― Kari Hesthamar
- “Earth proudly wears the Parthenon as the best gem upon her zone.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The beginning is the most important part of the work.” ― Plato
- “I want to see the Parthenon by moonlight.” ― Daphne Du Maurier
- “And thence from Athens turn away our eyes To seek new friends and stranger companies.” – William Shakespeare
- “Greece was a muse. It inspired creativity in magical ways that I can’t even begin to understand or explain.” ― Joe Bonamassa
- “The light of Greece opened my eyes, penetrated my pores, expanded my whole being.” – Henry Miller
- “How great are the dangers I face to win a good name in Athens.” ― Alexander the Great
- “Athens, the eye of Greece, mother of arts and eloquence” – John Milton
- “Happiness depends upon ourselves.” ― Aristotle
- “Athens, the eye of Greece, mother of arts and eloquence, native to famous wits.” – John Milton
- “As you set out for Ithaca, hope your road is a long one, full of adventure, full of discovery.” – Konstantinos Kavafis
- “Everything flows” – Heraclitus
- “If I’d been born in ancient Greece, I’d worship Zeus and Aphrodite.” ― Richard Dawkin
- Savoring those perfect moments.
- Athens – a city with a history so rich it’s hard to believe it’s real.
- Take another Greece of my heart.
- A place with a view for every day of the year.
- When words fail, pictures speak.
- Either you love Athens or you are wrong.
- “The Greeks had invented democracy, built the Acropolis and called it a day.” ― David Sedaris
- I’d rather be in Athens.
- I can’t keep calm, I’m going to Athens!
- This wine is so good, it’s Dionysus!
- Today’s good mood is sponsored by Athens.
- Athens days and sunny rays.
- Greece is the land of my ancestors… and my future hangovers.
- Athens has stolen a Greece of my heart.
- Living the island life.
- A city that has something for everyone.
You Might Also Like: Amsterdam Captions for Instagram
- “At Athens, wise men propose, and fools dispose.” – Alcuin
- I’m in awe of Athens!
- You can’t buy happiness but you can buy a plane ticket to Athens and that’s pretty much the same thing.
- Summer nights & Athens skies.
- If you’re not having fun in Athens, you’re doing it wrong!
- Meanwhile, in Athens…
- Any day is a good day in Athens.
- Athens is my happy place.
- I’m Greeking out over all this ancient history in Athens!
- Sorry for what I said when I wasn’t drinking ouzo in Athens.
- There’s no need to Apollo-gize for how much you love Athens!
- Greece has my heart.
- You can’t Greece this view!
- Our car broke down and we don’t have a sparta-re.
- Greek food in Athens has always been my Achilles heel.
- One thing is for certain: The Greeks sure know how to Plato their food!
- Olive the Parthenon so much!
- Just getting some fresh Ares at the beach.
- Athens, did you myth me?
- You are such a Socratease.
Iain founded The Road Trip Expert in 2019 and continues to manage the website to this day. The inspiration to start the blog came during an extensive road trip around Europe with two friends that spanned several months and involved over 25,000km of driving. He started backpacking in 2014 and has had the pleasure of exploring over 60 countries. Read more on the About page.